I was on vacation this past week and didn’t actually cook anything (re-heating fries on the stove doesn’t count). After getting home, the summer heat has arrived and what better way to cool down than with popsicles! I came across this cucumber mint green tea popsicle recipe from Cake Over Steak and decided to give it a try. They turned out delicious and perfect for a hot summer day 🙂
Cucumber Pear Mint Green Tea Popsicles
(adapted from Cake Over Steak recipe)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 large sprigs of fresh mint
- 1/2 cup mint simple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened green tea
- 3 tsp fresh lime juice (from about one lime)
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 pear, roughly chopped
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan. As soon as the sugar is dissolved, remove from the heat and stir in the mint leaves. Let it steap until it cools. Strain out the mint leaves and store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender (I used a Magic Bullet) with the liquid in the bottom. Blend until smooth. Give it a taste – it should be a little sweeter than you might want it to be, as it will lose some of its sweetness when you taste it frozen. Add more lime juice or simple syrup, etc. to taste.
- Pour the mixture into your popsicle molds and freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight. Enjoy!!